Thursday, February 8, 2007

An Amalgam of Experiences (A Masterpiece)

Did I hear it right? Is our topic really about blogging for this quarter?
Ohhh… how lovely… And the first thing I have to do is compose an article babbling all about an exotic animal (that’s me). Ohhh…How exciting… Doing this for the 94th time since I began signing petty autographs is such an achievement, and staring sleepily at the monitor while typing a few sensible words out of the vacuum of my mind is even greater.

In case you still don’t understand, I think this will help.
THE FALLACY: I love talking about myself, describing myself and writing about myself.
THE FACT: I hate THE FALLACY.

Unfortunately, I have no choice. It is a requirement so I might as well do it as soon as possible to end the horror. The contents are quite deep and the mood and atmosphere it has is dark and vague, and it will gradually or suddenly change as you go along. The reader must be fully aware of this and he/she should prepare himself/herself psychologically and emotionally before engaging. If you’re ready, please proceed.

*silence*

Life is full of delusions and confusion. It is a paradise both evil and good dominate. It is full of contrasts and contradictions, of vanity and insanity. It is a breeding ground of pernicious philosophies and disturbing secrets. I often refer to life as a seemingly bottomless dungeon, inhabited by restless thoughts and loathsome creatures, ready to attack as soon as you fall to its pit of terror. That dungeon is my playground; and since I breathe air fourteen years ago, I have been roaming around that dungeon aimlessly, confused yet determined to find my purpose.

Presently, I’m nowhere near that goal; but at least I know the reason why I stand here in the midst of life itself, accepting the things I have to accept and remain inquisitive on things I can’t understand. I was never like this before; I was a normal teenager living an average life. Then this curse came upon me, a curse so oblivious. It is the only thing I blame for this monstrosity in my soul; it was unstoppable and too powerful that it altered my entire character. In fact, I’m still confused if it is really a curse or a unique gift in disguise. The chasm between the two still boggles me. Although I consider the curse undoubtedly changed me greatly in a manner neither good nor bad, it has little essence in my part. Then, I realized that it permanently deleted my childish ways and replaced it with something I still couldn’t figure out. But what I’m certain is that I am now a new person, emerging from the depths of my emotions and casting a different shadow behind me. This is what I am now…

A moody and unpredictable character will best describe the one responsible for the peculiar words in your screen. He might look placid at times, but often you would see him lingering with his friends doing absolutely nothing, and if it is something, I assure you that it is something imbecile. He is idiosyncratic, a fellow full of peculiar notions and pathetic ideas. He is also a brilliant philosopher in nature, explaining things in his own way and believes philosophies written on his own dogma. The prodigy has this some kind of perverse satisfaction when embarrassing people, sometimes hilariously, other times out of sheer anger. He is a lonely person, always surrounded by uncertainty; conspiracies are against him, and he has no idea why.

Sometimes he would sit in the corner, wondering why he never had a night without tears, moaning silently because of this unusual burden and curse upon him. Battles between his ephemeral and ambiguous thoughts had been fought within him, and often he would struggle just to remain firm. These struggles left his soul scarred from the daggers of death, pierced from the swords of rejection, and wounded from the flaming arrows of love. He experience failures and success almost daily; and through it all, he managed to rise up from his fall and continue his journey through every confusing and daunting maze which composes the atmosphere of the dark dungeon.

The deafening silence of darkness offers him a nightmarish solitude and a place to understand more of himself. His nimble body mastered the art of dancing flawlessly both in the harmonious melodies and distorted music of life. Though he is lost and incomplete, he knows that someday, he will reach the verge of the seemingly endless journey and stand glorious with a searing light of victory and incomparable awe above him, sauntering highly along the path of the proud.

So there he is: still roaming aimlessly with no certain purpose and wandering like an ignorant child. He turned to his situation, and stared at his hazy reflection once more. In his past, he was an empty and hollow shell, suffering from an unquenchable thirst for serenity and peace, and then She came…with innocence from the peril of completing him…and all was well…

No comments: